North South. What's your highest percentage escape?

The north south is a pesky position to escape from. I usually just wait for my training partners to switch to side control and work my escapes from there lol (but I have to be very mindful of kimuras and stuff while in bottom NS).

Do you have a go-to escape when pinned in north south? :laughing:

2 Likes

I’ve seen short guys pull off the over-the-back one. For big guys, that’s actually a very difficult one. Most big guys have excellent pins and patience is really the key in escape from there. In my humble opinion of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely agree on this point. I’ve had my share of getting smashed by the bigger guys in NS and it’s horrible to say the least :sweat_smile:

If the guy is laying heavy and just interested in pinning I try to buck and create a reaction. In class I’ve become comfortable in giving up position to see if I can get someone in the transition.

Yes! I did let you get mount, my back and or isolate my arm and neck! You’ve fallen for my trap!

1 Like

North South is a pain to escape as our legs are so far away from our opponent. The best way to deal with it is to force them back into side control, then escape side control.

2 Likes